Thursday, June 20, 2013

#MakeupLesson 1: Product Preparation

In preparation for an upcoming makeup tutorial, where I will be detailing a step-by-step basic application and after taking some good advice from Tassin, we thought it best to do a "pre-post" leading up too the tutt.

There are, literally hundreds and thousands of different makeup and beauty products on the market. It's virtually impossible for me to use every single brand. However, I do keep my options open and consumption varied.

This is an interactive assignment, whereby I want you to be involved in the tutorial. Hence, this post.
So basically, my intention is to give you a "headsup" on what products it is I plan on using in my upcoming tutorial, giving you a chance to get products to the like thereof so that we can proceed through the tutorial, together. Keeping in mind that this is basic makeup application.

Please keep in mind that I wont be elaborating on the why's and the hows in this post. To get all those specifics, stay tuned for the tutorial which will be published during the course of next week.

Lets begin...


The first product I'll be using is the colour corrector. This can be purchased at any beauty house or beauty counter. Try Woolworths / Smash Box, MAC, Bobbi Brown or Inglot. It looks a little something like this..


The second product is concealer. I am addicted to Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer. PEEK-A-BOO..


The third piece of makeup is the foundation. In this specific tutorial, I will be using my MAC Studio Fix Fluid, for maximum coverage. 


The aim of next week's tutorial is basically to illustrate how to get full coverage using the above three products.
To complete / finish the look, I will be using the following:
Mineral Powder


Dark and Neutral Brown Shades of Eyeshadow, Blush and a little bit of a lip  liner & colourant ...


Oh and almost forgot.. the Inglot Black EyeGel...


I must apologise, once again for the poor image quality. All images were taken with an IPhone. Promise that next week's tutorial will knock your socks off, so please do keep a lookout. 
In the interim, GET PRODUCT PREPPING!!! 

Much love and have a superb weekend! 
Xana 

2 comments:

  1. The only thing I am missing is a color corrector! :)

    Amina ∞ Oh Just One More

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lovely lady! :)
    I love Kryolan corrector but it isnt an in store product. Its ordered in from Germany.
    Best evver!!! I would recommend smashbox or Inglot. Bobbi Brown also has awesome corrective concealer but its rather pricy.

    ReplyDelete