Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Liquid Look

Following my previous two posts, I'm back to what I know best.. MAKEUP!


Firstly, let me excuse the low res image I've just inserted. Instagram apparantly compresses the image or some other technical photgraphic jargon that only Tassin will be able to explain.
 
Secondly, I want to illustrate how one can create an awesome look with liquid eyeliner / gel. So in the above image, I've very subtly mimicked the Cleopatra / Egyptian look. Towards the  outer end of the eye, pull the line in an upward motion towards the temple.
My favourite liquid liner is the MAC Long Lasting Liquid Liner. If you do decide to get it, please please please ensure that you get an oil based eye makeup remover with it. Water or makeup wipes aint enough to get these babies off.
 
Thirdly, for finishing touches, I do lurv me a good MAC Smudge Eye Pencil. 'Tis rather messy, but it just completes this look.
 
N.B. In the above image, It's vital to note that I do not have any foundation. Nor do I have on any blush or lipstick. I mention this only because all of the aforementioned will add an extra touch to this look.
Ladies, NO red/ orange lips! NO bright colour blushes either! Because the eye is quite striking, you must keep the rest of the face subtle.
 
If its at night however, you could be a bit more daring. Trust me, it works. I've tried it.
 
 
Stay tuned, I will be launching a makeup and styling portfolio page on this blog.
 
Have a beautiful week further and an awesome long weekend ahead
 
#MuchLove
 

2 comments:

  1. I really struggle to apply neat liquid liner but I love gel eye liner:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you Diva you!!! I am addicted to liquid liner. I wear it almost everyday.
    Which gel liner do you use? Oh and i concur, liquid liner can be a tricky situation.

    ReplyDelete