Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Music and Coffee


This online space that I update ever so now again, allows me to share "stuff". Music is one of the many things, in life, I truly feel passionate about.
I've always had a certain taste in music. If it aint REAL HIP HOP (like J Dilla / The Roots / Common  etc), Soul / Motown, Jazz, Big Band, Deephouse and good Rock / Alternative, then I simply wont give it a listen. I truly believe that the type of music (esp the lyrics) we listen to, says alot about who we are.

Good, quality music does something to me. When I use to party, the dancefloor was my sanctuary. I felt free. I didnt need to explain myself. I never needed to think. I could just BE. I let the music do the thinking.. I let music do the explaining.. I just understood, and moved.

Ofcourse, I'm older now. Having two kids, a full time job, being married and going through a bit of a "life change" I dont dance much anymore. I do however, still love listening to music and I get so a "guur" (kick / thrill) and break it down in the car while I'm driving or when home alone (hahaha).

Now a days, for fun, I take Sunday afternoon strolls, smoke a cigi and have a coffee with loved ones and occassionally...




#SteppingOutToDance


2 comments:

  1. Love this post! I remember you jamming it up at Casa Blanca that one night. Not knowing it was you...I thought to myself "I wish my spirit was that free"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holla sista!!!!
    hahaha yes I remember that evening. They were playing some ol' school jams and I had no other choice BUT to break it down!
    The dancefloor is one place where I let go of all inhibitions and honestly dont care about anything else other than music and jolling.
    But im an old timer now.. put that behind me hahaha.. or trying to atleast

    ReplyDelete