Thursday, September 5, 2013

StylePost: Mercedez Benz Cape Town Fashion Week 2013

Saturday 10th August, marked yet another milestone in the life of an average city girl. Upon booking my ticket, three weeks prior too the MBCTFW, my immediate thoughts were, "What to wear to such an extravagant event?"  As fate would have it, at the time, I was hard at work with photographer, Tassin Albertyn from The Archive and local designer, Michel Lisa Johannessen shooting The Sacred by MiliJo Spring/Summer 2013 Range. On set, I completely fell inlove with this mustard flare crop top and blue high waisted skirt. My love affair would be cemented with Michel agreeing to marry me and the outfit you now see me in, in the below images. 

In the black and white striped MiliJo Dress & black leather jacket is Tassin Albertyn from The Archive. Me in the middle, dressed by Sacred By MiliJo. On the right you have Thielshad Karriem dressed epically! 
Accompanied by my dear friends Thielshad, Tassin and Faiek, we were quite intrigued, yet simultaneously overwhelmed by photographers and fashionistas. 
It was an amazing experience to have been pulled out of a crowd by A Fashion Friend (www.afashionfriend.co.za) and Glamour (www.glamour.co.za), and be photographed for their mbctfw street style page. Rather humbling and awesome! 



I attended three shows, Tart, Lazuli and Lalesso. In all fairness and honesty, Lazuli stole the show. Completely appreciated their designs. Holistically, the show lacked something. In my opinion, it was missing the "The Showstopper" element. As a makeup artist, fashion lover & first time Fashion Week attendee, I left feeling somewhat uninspired and disappointed. 


As a Capetonian fashion and beauty blogger, I hope to attend next year's fashion week and look forward to that "Show Stopper" dream be made a reality! WE CAN DO IT!

Much Love, until we meet again... 


2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the entire look, you remind me of the very stylist Mira Duma in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello You beautiful woman!

      Firstly, thank you so much .. I must give thanks to an awesome local designer, Michel Lisa Johannessen, her label is MiliJo. Please do check out her new range called Sacred by MiliJo. She is no less than epic!
      Secondly, I ADORE Mira Duma... the woman has so much class and ... and ..and ... she is just legendary!
      So I will take this as a HUGE compliment..very humbling sista! remind me to kiss you if we ever meet in person!

      Anyhow, I'm going off on a tangent.. much love and have an awesome weekend :)

      Delete