Monday, June 24, 2013

Personal Style: The Peplum


Honestly, I had NO idea what "peplum" was up until about 2 months ago. This bell bottom liked top that seemed to add a little, or no wait, way too much width to Kim Kardashian's hips, was in my mind, an immediate rejection. Why? because I can openly admit that I dont like Kim K. Stunning, and very sexy woman,  but not my kinda woman. She doesnt make me go "wow" or "yoh" or "damn girl".

So here's the deal, I see this woman wearing these tops with the frill at the bottom, and I go "aaah hell no" whatever that is, she needs to get RID of it. Its uuuugrly!
Oneday, my sister and I walk into some shop, me pointing at the bell bottom liked top that I always see Kim K wearing and I say, "I hate that, its ugly". She goes "The peplum". I go "what?!!!" She goes "The peplum top". I keep quiet because I feel like a complete fool. So I continue and I be like "Oh yeah, that ... the peplum".

A week thereafter, I decided to do a bit of shopping and what's shopping without walking into a Mr Price, to check out the "New Arrivals".
As I enter the store, the first thing I see is this blue peplum top. For some weird reason, and for the first time, it actually appealed to me. Perhaps it was the colour? I dont know. What I did know, was that I had to try this on. I did and I liked it.... alot.
So here I am, with my blue peplum, a pair of legendary brown ankle boots (my new favourite item), floral pants and my liquid leather turban by Cherrie Lee.


Follow me on instagram: @xanadoblog
Follow me on twitter: @farzaanah_r

Photography: The Archive by Tassin Albertyn
Check it out, one amazing fashion photographer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment