Sunday, April 7, 2013

#WinterLookBook - Part 3 "Style - Food For Thought"

Not one who religiously follows current trends, my sense of style is determined by emotion. Usually when my mood is erratic i.e. miserable, irritable, depressed or frustrated, I settle for a sporty / laid back attire. I slap on the sweaty track pants with an oversized knit and my New Balance or Kicks. Hair dirty for days, nails long and “undid”, “makeup-less” and ready to just kick it back and watch movies.
Needless to say, style cannot be defined by name brands or wealth, nor can it be copied and pasted. It is a thing that represents you. It says, creatively, something about who you are and what you stand for. It DOESN’T define you though. Our character defines us. I think that’s a misconception which gives rise to much of the superficiality our society is faced with.
The reason I tend to steer away from mainstream and current trends, is merely because I hate the idea of being told, WHAT to wear and HOW to wear it. Just because its IN doesn’t mean I have to sell myself OUT.
Also, there are things that work for my body type and suit my personality, and there are things that don’t. As part of the Winter Look Book series, I present part 3. It’s my favourite look, as it encompasses various aspects of my persona.
Modesty and femininity vs Edgy and masculine
Hat: Mr Price Ring: Aldo Stripe Shirt: Mr Price Stripe BowTie: Holmes Brothers Beige Knit: Zara Mustard Biker Jacket: Jehaan Black Track Pants: SportScene Black Ankle Boots: Zara
Big Ups to Tassin Albertyn from The Archive for her amazing photography skills.
Please check more of her work out at her blog spot:
Also follow her on twitter and facebook:
@Tassin_A

No comments:

Post a Comment